Ski Size Chart Imperial
Ski Size Chart Metric
The D3 NRG R3 takes its shape from the proven R2 and uses the flex characteristics through knowledge gained from our top pro skiers riding the ION2.
Modeling the flex pattern from the ION 2, the R3 is built with a slightly softer fore-body relative to the ski's tail flex.
The softer fore-body allows the front of the R3 to feel more secure and engaged in the water, from the beginning of the edge change to the apex of the turn. The more aggressive tail flex increases the amount the skier can push and rotate the tail of the ski out of the turn to increase response and acceleration.
The R3 has quick rotational turns that are smooth and effortless. The R3 gives you total control when and where you lay into a turn.
The powerful R3 has improved stability and consistency. We accomplished our goal of maintaining the best attributes of the R2 while at the same time refining the ski to match skier demands. The R3 has a deeper concave and tunnel volume compared to the ION 2. The R3 delivers powerful edge-control, with cross course holding power that is unrivaled. Turns are symmetrical and consistent with tip engagement predictable due to more parallel sidewalls under the front binding. The R3's profile and deeper concave means that the ski creates more angle so the R3 is fast through the wakes, with effortless edge change and direction out to the buoy. If you are looking to experience quick, symmetrical turns on both your offside and onside you must experience the R3.
The ski's wider width profile, compared to the ION 2, will allow you to ride a slightly shorter R3.
The NRG R3 features:
- Ski Profile - Wide fore-body for stability and support. Overall surface area accommodates a wider range of speeds and line lengths.
- Tunnel Concave - Deep edge-to-edge concave for powerful hold across the course.
- Rocker Profile - Highest rocker in the D3 slalom line.
- Tail shape - Tail width is between ION 2 (more) and NEO (less) which allows the ski to move in the turn.
- Ski flex - Softer fore-body flex relative to the ski's tail flex improves tip engagement into the turns and creates greater acceleration response out of the turns.
- Machine screw inserts - Accommodates D3, Reflex and most current binding hole patterns. All inserts are set in hard PVC anchor blocks for trouble free screw retention.
- Accuset Fin Block - Accurate, three-point set screws for easy fin adjustments and laser aligned fin position.
- Sizes - 64", 65", 66", 67" & 68"
FACTORY TRIAL PROGRAM SKIS AVAILABLE NOW
For the most up to date info and to determine what size NRG R3 might be right for you, call our
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM at (253) 797-0314 (M-F, 8a-5p PT) or email at [email protected]