Ski Size Chart Imperial
Ski Size Chart Metric
The new NRG R1 is the next chapter in the D3 NRG story. Taking a bit of DNA from the EVO, the new R1 is faster (less effort) while still delivering the powerful edge-control that the NRG is famous for. The R1 features efficient, tight turns but still moves easily into the first wake. With cross course holding power that is unparalleled, the R-1’s deep concave creates a ride that is very stable. Symmetrical is a word that every member of our test team kept mentioning when riding the new R1. The R1 is fast behind the boat but shuts down quickly to give the skier space before the next buoy. If you are looking to experience quick, even, smooth-finishing turns on both sides of the course you owe it to yourself to try the NRG R1.
D3 Pro and Test Team skier Nick Parsons said, “The NRG R1 features refinements that have improved my skiing consistency. The R1 has a “livelier” finish, particularly on my onside. Additionally, the transition from the second wake rolling into the pre-turn has an easier-to-control roll. From pre-turn to finish the R1 is consistent and predictable.”
D3 Team Skier and top ski coach Ryan Nason provided this feedback, “The R-1 builds angle easily at the gate turn-in. When I have a bad turn, or don't get enough angle out of a buoy, this ski allows me to continue building angle into the first wake to make up for my mistake. The R-1 is fast behind the boat, but shuts down quickly to give me space before the buoy. It holds angle really well. For a ski that cranks turns, it moves through to the first wake nicely. In other words, I don't have to worry about stop-and-go action after a hard turn. I really like how easy it is to stay balanced on this ski. It's not twitchy during the edge change, and it doesn't hunt. I always feel like I know what it's going to do.”
The NRG R1 features:
- Deep, edge to edge concave for powerful hold across the course.
- Wide fore-body for stability and support.
- Narrow tail shape for the necessary control thru the turn.
- Tip to tail gradual reduction in concave depth for speed and glide.
- Torsional flex control for precise edge changes and smooth acceleration.
- Inside radius side-cut produces maximum angle at finish of the turn.
- Machine screw inserts accommodate most current binding systems.
- Accuset Fin Block for laser aligned fin placement.
- Sizes: 64", 65", 66", 67' & 68"
FACTORY TRIAL PROGRAM SKIS AVAILABLE NOW
For the most up to date info and to determine what size NRG R1 might be right for you, call our
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM at 916-714-9389 (M-F, 8a-5p PT) or email at email@example.com